Microsoft has released latest version of Kinect SDK for Windows and Kinect Developer Toolkit for Windows. The Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) enables developers to create applications that support gesture and voice recognition, using Kinect sensor technology on computers running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows Embedded Standard 7.
News features available in this SDK are:
- Color Capture and Camera Pose Finder for Kinect Fusion
- Webserver for Kinect Data Streams
- Kinect Background Removal
- Windows 8.1 Support
- New Samples!
- HTML interaction sample
- Multiple-sensor Kinect Fusion sample.
- Adaptive UI sample
- Realistic color capture with Kinect Fusion.
- Improved tracking robustness with Kinect Fusion.
The Kinect for Windows SDK, driver, and runtime v1.8 are 100% compatible with Kinect for Windows v1.0, 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 applications.
The Kinect for Windows SDK includes the following:
- Drivers for using Kinect for Windows sensors on a computer running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and device interfaces
- Note: Samples, tools, and other valuable development resources are available in the Kinect for Windows Developer Toolkit.
- To learn more about the SDK visit:
- Kinect for Windows Team blog
View Release Notes
Explore the features from official KinectSDK for Windows site